- Definitions and Interpretation
- Data means any data (including Personal Information) provided to Polar Monitoring by a User.
- Polar means Polar Monitoring (Pty) Ltd, a limited liabilitycompany registered in terms of the Companies Act 71 of 2008.
For the purposes of this Policy, EM refers to this Website, its affiliates, and creators.
- Personal Information means information, including but not limited to, any
Data or information about an identifiable User, including a User’s name, address, email address, telephone number and identity number.
- POPIA means the Protection of Personal Information Act,
Act 4 of 2013, as amended.
- Processing means the creation, generation, communication, storage, and destruction of Personal Information, as defined in POPIA.
- User / You means any person who accesses and browses this website for any purpose.
- Website means the website of Polar at URL polarmonitoring.com
- Status and Amendments
- Polar respects the User’s right to privacy. This Policy sets out Polar’s information gathering and dissemination practices in respect of the Website.
- This Policy governs the Processing of Personal Information provided to Polar by the User using the Website.
- By browsing this Website, the User agrees to observe the terms and conditions as contained in this Policy.
- Processing of Personal Information
- By providing your Personal Information to Polar, you acknowledge that it has been collected directly from you and consent to its processing by Polar.
- Where you submit Personal Information (such as name, address, telephone number and email address) via the Website (e.g., through completing any online form) the following principles are observed in the processing of that information:
- Polar will only collect Personal Information for a purpose consistent with the purpose for which it is required. The specific purpose for which information is
collected will be apparent from the context in which it is requested.
- Polar will only process personal information in a manner that is adequate, relevant, and not excessive in the context of the purpose for which it is processed.
- Personal Information will only be processed for a purpose compatible with that for which it was collected, unless you have agreed to an alternative purpose in writing
or Polar is permitted in terms of national legislation of general application dealing primarily with the protection of personal information.
- Polar will keep records of all Personal Information collected and the specific purpose for which it was collected for a period of 1 (one) year from the date on
which it was last used.
- Polar will not disclose any Personal Information relating to you to any third party unless your prior written agreement is obtained, or Polar is required to do so by
- If personal information is released with your consent Polar will retain a record of the information released, the third party to which it was released, the reason for the release and the date of release, for a period of 1 (one) year from the date on which it was last used.
- Polar will destroy or delete any Personal Information that is no longer needed by Polar for the purpose it was initially collected, or subsequently processed.
- Note that, as permitted by the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002, Polar may use personal information collected to compile profiles for statistical purposes. No information contained in the profiles or statistics will be able to be linked to any specific user.
- Collection of anonymous data
- Polar may use standard technology to collect information about the use of this Website, for statistical purposes.
- Polar may utilise temporary or session cookies to keep track of Users’ browsing habits. A cookie is a small file that is placed on your hard drive, to keep a record of your interaction with this Website and facilitate User convenience.
- Cookies by themselves will not be used to identify Users personally but may be used to compile identified statistics relating to use of services offered or to provide Polar with feedback on the performance of this Website.
- The following classes of information may be collected in respect of Users who have enabled cookies:
- The browser software used.
- IP address.
- Date and time of activities while visiting the Website.
- URLs of internal pages visited; and
- If you do not wish cookies to be employed to customise your interaction with this Website, it is possible to alter the way your browser handles cookies. Please note that, if this is done, certain services on this Website may not be available.
- Polar takes reasonable measures to ensure the security and integrity of information submitted to or collected by this Website but cannot under any circumstances be held liable for any loss or other damage sustained by you because of unlawful access to or dissemination of any Personal Information by a third party.
- Links to other websites
- If you have any queries about this Policy, please contact us by emailing: email@example.com.