Soccomec Countis E13/E14 Electricity Meter
This guide will show you how to connect the Polar Monitoring Gateway to the Soccomec Countis E13/E14 electricity meter. It will also take you through the setup and parameters required on the Soccomec Countis E13/E14 to ensure communications to the Polar Gateway.
Steps to follow:
- Connect power to the Gateway.
- Connect RS-485.
- Final checks.
- Power on the system.
- Configure the Countis E13/E14 Serial Parameters
Soccomec Countis E13/E14 Connection Setup
1. Connect power to the Gateway.
Wire the Polar Gateway to a 12-24 V DC power supply. Connect the positive wire to the positive terminal and the negative wire to the negative terminal.
2. Connect RS-485
Wire the RS-485 cable to allow communication with the Polar Gateway device. Connect A+ => 5+ and B- => 4-.
3. Final checks
- Make sure the power is OFF while doing the cable wiring.
- Re-check if there are no short circuits.
- Check if the power cables are not loosely wired to the Gateway.
- Check if the power cables are not loosely wired to the Electricity Meter.
- Re-check the RS-485 twisted pair cables is correctly connected A+ => 5+ and B- => 4-.
4. Power on the system.
Now you are ready to go, you can now switch on the Polar Gateway and the Countis E13/E14.
5. Configure Countis E13/E14 Serial Parameters
Note: It is critical to change the default settings to reflect the table below.
Serial Communication Setup
Serial Node Address
Communication Stop Bits
You may now sign in to the Polar Portal to monitor the device remotely, the button on the right will take you through a setup process.