Soccomec Countis E03/E04 Electricity Meter
This guide will show you how to connect the Polar Monitoring Gateway to the Soccomec Countis E03/E04 electricity meter. It will also take you through the setup and parameters required on the Soccomec Countis E03/E04 to ensure communications to the Polar Gateway.
Steps to follow:
- Connect power to the Gateway.
- Connect RS-485.
- Final checks.
- Power on the system.
- Configure the Countis E03/E04 Serial Parameters
Soccomec Countis E03/E04 Connection Setup
1. Connect power to the Gateway.
Wire the Polar Gateway to a 12-24 V DC power supply. Connect the positive wire to the positive terminal and the negative wire to the negative terminal.
2. Connect RS-485
Wire the RS-485 cable to allow communication with the Polar Gateway. Connect A+ => 1+ and B- => 2-..
3. Final checks
- Make sure the wiring is secure – no short circuits.
- Check if the power cables are not loosely wired to the Gateway.
- Check if the power cables are not loosely wired to the device.
- Re-check the RS-485 twisted pair cable is correctly wired.
4. Power on the system.
Now you are ready to go, you can now switch on the Polar Gateway and the Countis E03/E04 .
5. Configure Countis E03/E04 Serial Parameters
Note: It is critical to change the default settings to reflect the table below.
Serial Communication Setup
|Communication Address||Serial Node Address||Addr||5||1|
|Serial Speed||Baud Rate||bAu||38.4k||9600|
You may now sign in to the Polar Portal to monitor the device remotely, the button on the right will take you through a setup process.