Schneider MP3250 Power Analyzer
This guide will show you how to connect the Polar Monitoring Gateway to the Schneider MP3250 Power Analyzer. It will also take you through the setup and parameters required on the MP3250 to ensure communications to the Polar Gateway.
Steps to follow:
- Connect power to the Gateway.
- Connect RS-485.
- Final checks.
- Power on the system.
- Configure the Schneider MP3250 Serial Parameters
Schneider MP3250 Connection Setup
1. Connect power to the Gateway
Wire the Polar Gateway to a 12-24 V DC power supply. Connect the positive wire to the positive terminal and the negative wire to the negative terminal.
2. Connect RS-485
Wire the RS-485 cable to allow communication with the Polar Gateway. Connect A+ => D1/+ and B- => D0/-.
3. Final checks
- Make sure the wiring is secure – no short circuits.
- Check if the power cables are not loosely wired to the Gateway.
- Check if the power cables are not loosely wired to the device.
- Re-check the RS-485 twisted pair cable is correctly wired.
4. Power on the system
Now you are ready to go, you can now switch on the Polar Gateway and the Schneider MP3250.
5. Configure Schneider MP3250 Serial Parameters
Note: Before communicating with the device using Modbus protocol, use the HMI to change the default communication settings to reflect the table below.
Serial Communication Setup
|Communication Address||Device ID/Unit ID/Node ID||Address||1||1|
|Serial Speed||Communication Speed||Baud Rate||19200||9600|
|Parity||Error-checking process||Parity||Even, 1||None, 1|
Note: By default, the MP3250’s data bits is set to an 8 bits.
You may now sign in to the Polar Portal to monitor the device remotely, the button on the right will take you through a setup process.