Modbus RTU MB4442 Fieldbus
This guide will show you how to connect the Polar Monitoring Gateway to the Modbus RTU MB4442 Fieldbus. It will also take you through the setup and parameters required on the MB4442 RTU to ensure communications to the Polar Gateway.
Steps to follow:
- Connect power to the Gateway.
- Connect RS-485.
- Final checks.
- Power on the system.
Modbus RTU MB4442 Connection Setup
1. Connect power to the Gateway
Wire the Polar Gateway to a 12-24 V DC power supply. Connect the positive wire to the positive terminal and the negative wire to the negative terminal.
2. Connect RS-485
Wire the RS-485 cable to allow communication with the Polar Gateway. Connect A => A+ and B- => B-.
3. Final checks
- Make sure the wiring is secure – no short circuits.
- Check if the power cables are not loosely wired to the Gateway.
- Check if the power cables are not loosely wired to the device.
- Re-check the RS-485 twisted pair cable is correctly wired.
4. Power on the system
Now you are ready to go, you can now switch on the Polar Gateway and the MB4442 RTU.
You may now sign in to the Polar Portal to monitor the device remotely, the button on the right will take you through a setup process.