Ls Electronics S100 Variable Speed Drive
This guide will show you how to connect the Polar Gateway to Ls Electronics S100 Variable Speed Drive. It will also take you through how to setup the parameters required Ls S100 drive to ensure communications to the Gateway
Steps to follow:
- Connect power to the Gateway.
- Connect RS-485.
- Final checks.
- Power on the system.
- Configure the Ls Electronics S100 Serial Parameters
Ls Electronics S100 Connection Setup
1. Connect power to the Gateway.
Wire the Polar Gateway to a 12-24 V DC power supply. Connect the positive wire to the positive terminal and the negative wire to the negative terminal.
2. Connect RS-485.
Wire the RS-485 cable to allow communication with the Polar Gateway device. Connect A+ => S+ and B- => S- .
3. Final checks
- Make sure the power is OFF while doing the cable wiring.
- Re-check if there are no short circuits.
- Check if the power cables are not loosely wired to the Gateway.
- Check if the power cables are not loosely wired to the Variable Speed Drive.
- Re-check the RS-485 twisted pair cables is correctly connected A+ => S+ and B- => S-.
4. Power on the system
Now you are ready to go, you can now switch on the Polar Gateway and the Ls S100.
5. Configure Ls Electronics S100 Serial Parameters
Note: It is critical to change the default settings to reflect the table below.
Serial Communication Setup
|Communication Address||Serial node address/Unit ID||COM-01=Int485 St ID||1||1|
|Serial speed||Baud rate||COM-03=Int485 BaudR||3=9600||3=9600|
|Data Format||Parity bit and number of stop bit||COM-04=Int485 Mode||0=D8/PN/S1||0=D8/PN/S1|
|Protocol||Communication protocol||COM-02=Int485 Proto||0=Modbus-RTU||0=Modbus-RTU|
You may now sign in to the Polar Portal to monitor the device remotely, the button on the right will take you through a setup process.