LS ELECTRIC H100 Variable Speed Drives
This guide will show you how to connect the Polar Monitoring Gateway to the LS ELECTRIC H100 Variable Speed Drive. It will also take you through the setup and parameters required on the LS ELECTRIC H100 to ensure communications to the Polar Gateway.
Steps to follow:
- Connect power to the Gateway.
- Connect RS-485.
- Final checks.
- Power on the system.
- Configure the LS ELECTRIC H100 Serial Parameters.
LS ELECTRIC H100 Connection Setup
1. Connect power to the Gateway.
A. Power the gateway from an external power supply.
Wire the Polar Gateway to a 12-24 V DC power supply. Connect the positive wire to the positive (+) terminal and the negative (-) wire to the negative terminal.
B. Power the gateway from the VSD.
Wire the Polar Gateway directly to the VSD. Connect the positive wire to the +24V(24) terminal and the negative wire to the (EG) terminal.
2. Connect RS-485.
3. Final checks
- Make sure the wiring is secure – no short circuits.
- Ensure that all connections are secure on the device and the gateway.
- Re-check the RS-485 twisted pair cable is correctly wired.
- Check that the A and B are correctly wired to the device.
4. Power on the system
Now you are ready to go, you can now switch on the Polar Gateway and the LS ELECTRIC H100.
5. Configure LS ELECTRIC H100 Serial Parameters
Note: It is critical to change the default settings to reflect the table below.
Serial Communication Setup
|Device ID/Unit ID/Node ID
|Int485 St ID
|Stop bit, Parity and Data bits
|0=8bit None 1bit
|0=8bit None 1bit
Remote Control Setup
|LOCAL/REMOTE Selection Source
|Set dr.90 to 2(Local/Remote)to perform
|local/remote switching using
|the [ESC] key
You may now sign in to the Polar Portal to monitor the device remotely, the button on the right will take you through a setup process.