LsElectric H100 Variable Speed Drives
This guide will show you how to connect the Polar Monitoring Gateway to the LsElectric H100 Variable Speed Drive. It will also take you through the setup and parameters required on the Ls H100 to ensure communications to the Polar Gateway.
Steps to follow:
- Connect power to the Gateway.
- Connect RS-485.
- Final checks.
- Power on the system.
- Configure the Ls H100 Serial Parameters
Ls H100 Connection Setup
1. Connect power to the Gateway.
Wire the Polar Gateway to a 12-24 V DC power supply. Connect the positive wire to the positive terminal and the negative wire to the negative terminal.
2. Connect RS-485.
Wire the RS-485 cable to allow communication with the Polar Gateway. Connect A+ => S+ and the B- => S-.
3. Final checks
- Make sure the wiring is secure – no short circuits.
- Check if the power cables are not loosely wired to the Gateway.
- Check if the power cables are not loosely wired to the device.
- Re-check the RS-485 twisted pair cable is correctly wired.
4. Power on the system
Now you are ready to go, you can now switch on the Polar Gateway and the Ls H100.
5. Configure Ls H100 Serial Parameters
Note: It is critical to change the default settings to reflect the table below.
Serial Communication Setup
|Communication Address||Device ID/Unit ID/Node ID||Int485 St ID||1||1|
|Serial Speed||Communication Speed||Int485 BaudR||3=9600||3=9600|
|Data Format||Stop bit, Parity and Data bits||Int485 Mode||0=8bit None 1bit||0=8bit None 1bit|
|Protocol||Communication protocol||Int485 Proto||0=Modbus RTU||0=Modbus RTU|
You may now sign in to the Polar Portal to monitor the device remotely, the button on the right will take you through a setup process.