Lovato Exp1012 (RS-485 adapter)
Lovato Exp1012 installation and setup manual
The Polar Monitoring Gateway can be used to monitor all Lovato Power Controllers including:
- Power factor correction systems
- Electricity meters
- Generator controllers
This user manual will guide one through the process of Installing the Polar Gateway onto various Lovato Power Controller devices.
The Gateway will connect to the devices’ RS-485 port / terminals
Antenna connection point
(Remove red cover)
As per the pictures orientation connection points are (A+) (B-) (G)
Mounting the Gateway
The Polar Monitoring Gateway is IP40 and will require additional protection from water and dust ingress.
If mounted inside a panel it is vital that the antenna is mounted outside the panel or enclosure.
It is important that any communication cables between the Gateway and Lovato unit are kept away from any power lines. This becomes ever more important for higher power applications.
Powering the Gateway
The Gateway runs off of 12-36VDC
The unit will come with a standard 2-pin point plug that will be wired into the + and – terminals of the green connector block.
- Connect power to the unit
- If the front controller screen is black/ blank. Please inspect the power source and connections.
- The screen will now show the change in configuration page with four boxes displayed, these represent the plug-in unit/s installed.
- To proceed select save
- Unit will now process the change and show a loading screen unit configuration is complete
- Do not restart or interrupt the unit while in process
- Once complete, the home screen will be displayed and the unit now ready.
Should there be an issue connecting the device/s ensure the following settings are correct.
- Within the setup menu, select parameter M16 Communication
- Within M16 Communication
- Serial Node Address set to 1
- Baudrate set to 9600
- Data Format set to 8bit-none
Connecting the Gateway to the Lovato EXP1012
The connection point is located at the bottom of the EXP1012 unit, Will be connected using the 3 ports labelled A; B and SG. Only connect the Termination Resistor port if using multiple devices in a daisy chain.
Connecting the Gateway to the Lovato DCRL Range
The DCRL range comes in 3 variants,
These units connect through a plug-in module that will provide the RS-485 output connection required. Which will have the same connection points as the Lovato EXP1012