Lovato Exp1012 (RS-485 adapter)
Lovato Exp1012 installation and setup manual
The Polar Monitoring Gateway can be used to monitor all Lovato Power Controllers including:
- Power factor correction systems
- Electricity meters
- Generator controllers
This user manual will guide one through the process of Installing the Polar Gateway onto various Lovato Power Controller devices.
The Gateway will connect to the devices’ RS-485 port / terminals
Antenna connection point
(Remove red cover)
As per the pictures orientation connection points are (A+) (B-) (G)
The Polar Monitoring Gateway is IP40 and will require additional protection from water and dust ingress.
If mounted inside a panel it is vital that the antenna is mounted outside the panel or enclosure.
The Gateway runs off of 12-36VDC
The unit will come with a standard 2-pin point plug that will be wired into the + and – terminals of the green connector block.
- Connect power to the unit
- If the front controller screen is black/ blank. Please inspect the power source and connections.
- The screen will now show the change in configuration page with four boxes displayed, these represent the plug-in unit/s installed.
- To proceed select save
- Unit will now process the change and show a loading screen unit configuration is complete
- Do not restart or interrupt the unit while in process
- Once complete, the home screen will be displayed and the unit now ready.
Should there be an issue connecting the device/s ensure the following settings are correct.
- Within the setup menu, select parameter M16 Communication
- Within M16 Communication
- Serial Node Address set to 1
- Baudrate set to 9600
- Data Format set to 8bit-none
Connecting the Gateway to the Lovato EXP1012
The connection point is located at the bottom of the EXP1012 unit, Will be connected using the 3 ports labelled A; B and SG. Only connect the Termination Resistor port if using multiple devices in a daisy chain.
Connecting the Gateway to the Lovato DCRL Range
The DCRL range comes in 3 variants,
These units connect through a plug-in module that will provide the RS-485 output connection required. Which will have the same connection points as the Lovato EXP1012