Lovato EXM 1012 module connection to DCRG8 Power Factor Correction
This guide will show you how to connect the Polar Monitoring Gateway to the Lovato EXM Module for the DCRG8 Power Factor Correction. It will also take you through the setup and parameters required on the Lovato DCRG8 to ensure communications to the Polar Gateway.
Make sure to have:
- The Polar Monitoring Gateway.
- RS-485 cable.
- The Lovato DCRG Power Factor.
- The EXP 1012.
Steps to follow:
- Connect power to the Gateway.
- Connect RS-485.
- Insert the EXM module into the DCRG8.
- Final checks.
- Power On the system.
- Configure the DCRG8 Serial Parameters
Lovato DCRG8 Connection Setup
1. Connect Power to the Gateway
Wire the Polar Gateway to a 12-24 V DC power supply. Connect the positive wire to the positive terminal and the negative wire to the negative terminal.
2. Connect RS-485
Wire the RS-485 cable to allow communication with the Polar Gateway device. Connect A+ => A and the B- => B.
2. Insert the EXM module into the DCRG8.
Once you’ve got your EXP module wired to the Gateway, you can now mount it to any of the available expansion module slots at the back of the Lovato DCRG power factor.
For more details on how to wire the DCRG8 click on this link..
4. Final checks
- Make sure the power is OFF while doing the cable wiring.
- Re-check if there are no short circuits.
- Check if the power cables are not loosely wired to the Gateway.
- Check if the power cables are not loosely wired to the Power Factor Correction.
- Re-check the RS-485 twisted pair cables is correctly connected A+ => A and B- => B.
5. Power on the system
Now you are ready to go, you can now switch on the Polar Gateway and the DCRG8.
6. Configure DCRG8 Serial Parameters
Note: It is critical to change the default settings to reflect the table below.
Serial Communication Setup
Node Serial Address
Communication Stop Bits
You may now sign in to the Polar Portal to monitor the device remotely, the button on the right will take you through a setup process.