Lovato DMG700-900 Power Analyzer
This guide will show you how to connect the Polar Monitoring Gateway to the Lovato DMG700-900 Power Analyzer. It will also take you through the setup and parameters required on the Lovato DMG700-900 to ensure communications to the Polar Gateway.
Steps to follow:
- Connect power to the Gateway.
- Connect RS-485.
- Mount the EXP 1020 to the module expansion slot.
- Final checks.
- Power on the system.
- Configure the DMG700-900 Serial Parameters
Lovato DMG700-900 Connection Setup
1. Connect power to the Gateway.
Wire the Polar Gateway to a 12-24 V DC power supply. Connect the positive wire to the positive terminal and the negative wire to the negative terminal.
2. Connect RS-485
Wire the RS-485 cable to allow communication with the Polar Gateway. Connect A+ => A and the B- => B.
3. Mount the EXP 1012 to the module expansion slot.
Open any of the four available module expansion slots of the DMG700-900 and clip in the EXP 1012 RS-485 communication module.
4. Final checks
- Make sure the wiring is secure – no short circuits.
- Check if the power cables are not loosely wired to the Gateway.
- Check if the power cables are not loosely wired to the device.
- Make sure the RS-485 module is correctly mounted on the device.
- Re-check the RS-485 twisted pair cable is correctly wired.
5. Power on the system.
Now you are ready to go, you can now switch on the Polar Gateway and the DMG700-900.
6. Configure DMG700-900 Serial Parameters
Note: It is critical to change the default settings to reflect the table below.
Serial Communication Setup
|Communication Address||Device ID/Unit ID/Node ID||P07.n.01||1||1|
|Baud Rate||Communication Speed||P07.n.02||9600||9600|
|Data Format||Data length and parity check||P07.n.03||8 bit – n||8 bit – n|
|Stop bit||End of data transmission||P07.n.04||1||1|
|Protocol||Communication protocol||P07.n.05||Modbus RTU||Modbus RTU|
You may now sign in to the Polar Portal to monitor the device remotely, the button on the right will take you through a setup process.