Lovato DMED121 Electrical Meter
This guide will show you how to connect the Polar Monitoring Gateway to the Lovato DMED121 electricity meter. It will also take you through the setup and parameters required on the Lovato DMED to ensure communications to the Polar Gateway.
Steps to follow:
- Connect power to the Gateway.
- Connect RS-485.
- Final checks.
- Power on the system.
- Configure the DMED121 Serial Parameters
Lovato DMED121 Connection Setup
1. Connect power to the Gateway.
Wire the Polar Gateway to a 12-24 V DC power supply. Connect the positive wire to the positive terminal and the negative wire to the negative terminal.
2. Connect RS-485.
Connect the Modbus cable to allow communication with the polar gateway device. Connect A+ to A and the B- to B.
3. Final checks
- Make sure the power is OFF while doing the cable wiring.
- Re-check if there are no short circuits.
- Check if the power cables are not loosely wired to the Gateway.
- Check if the power cables are not loosely wired to the Electricity Meter.
- Re-check the RS-485 twisted pair cables is correctly connected A+ => A and B- => B.
4. Power on the system.
Now you are ready to go, you can now switch on the Polar Gateway and the DMED121.
5. Configure DMED121 Serial Parameters
Note: It is critical to change the default settings to reflect the table below.
Serial Communication Setup
Serial Node Address
Serial Slave ID
8bit – n
8bit – n
Communication Stop Bits
You may now sign in to the Polar Portal to monitor the device remotely, the button on the right will take you through a setup process.