Lovato DCRL8 Power Factor Correction
This guide will show you how to connect the Polar Monitoring Gateway to the Lovato DCRL8 Power Factor Correction. It will also take you through the setup and parameters required on the Lovato DCRL8 to ensure communications to the Polar Gateway.
Steps to follow:
- Connect power to the Gateway.
- Connect RS-485.
- Mount the EXP 1012 to the module expansion slot.
- Final checks.
- Power on the system.
- Configure the DCRL8 Serial Parameters
Lovato DCRL8 Connection Setup
1. Connect power to the Gateway
Wire the Polar Gateway to a 12-24 V DC power supply. Connect the positive wire to the positive terminal and the negative wire to the negative terminal.
2. Connect RS-485
Wire the RS-485 cable to allow communication with the Polar Gateway. Connect A+ => A and the B- => B.
3. Mount the EXP 1012 to the module expansion slot.
Open any of the four available module expansion slots of the DCRL8 and clip in the EXP 1012 RS-485 communication module.
4. Final checks
- Make sure the wiring is secure – no short circuits.
- Check if the power cables are not loosely wired to the Gateway.
- Check if the power cables are not loosely wired to the device.
- Make sure the RS-485 module is correctly mounted on the device.
- Re-check the RS-485 twisted pair cable is correctly wired.
5. Power on the system
Now you are ready to go, you can now switch on the Polar Gateway and the DCRL8.
6. Configure DCRL8 Serial Parameters
Note: It is critical to change the default settings to reflect the table below.
Serial Communication Setup
|Communication Address||Node Serial Address||P16.n.01||1||1|
|Serial Speed||Baud Rate||P16.n.02||9600||9600|
|Data Format||Communication Parity||P16.n.03||8bit None||8bit none|
|Stop bits||Communication Stop Bits||P16.n.04||1||1|
|Protocol||Communication protocol||P16.n.05||Modbus RTU||Modbus RTU|
You may now sign in to the Polar Portal to monitor the device remotely, the button on the right will take you through a setup process.