Invertek Optidrive P2 Variable Speed Drives
This guide will show you how to connect the Polar Gateway to Invertek Otidrive P2 Variable Speed Drive. It will also take you through how to setup the parameters required on device to ensure communications to the Gateway.
Steps to follow:
- Connect power to the Gateway.
- Connect RS-485.
- Final checks.
- Power on the system.
- Configure the Invertek Optidrive P2 Serial Parameters
Ivertek Optidrive Connection Setup
1. Connect power to the Gateway.
Wire the Polar Gateway to a 12-24 V DC power supply. Connect the positive wire to the positive terminal and the negative wire to the negative terminal.
2. Connect RS-485.
Wire the RS-485 cable to allow communication with the Polar Gateway device. Connect A+ => RJ45 pin 8 and B- => RJ45 pin 7.
3. Final checks
- Make sure the power is OFF while doing the cable wiring.
- Re-check if there are no short circuits.
- Check if the power cables are not loosely wired to the Gateway.
- Check if the power cables are not loosely wired to the Variable Speed Drive.
- Re-check the RS-485 twisted pair cables is correctly connected A+ => RJ45 pin 8 and B- => RJ45 pin 7.
4. Power on the system
Now you are ready to go, you can now switch on the Polar Gateway and the Invertek Optidrive P2.
5. Configure Invertek Optidrive P2 Serial Parameters
Note: It is critical to change the default settings to reflect the table below.
Serial Communication Setup
|Serial Address||Drive Fieldbus Address||P5-01||1||1|
|Baud Rate||Communication speed||P5-03||115.2||9.6|
|Data Format||Modbus telegram data||P5-04||–||n-1 = No parity, 1 stop bit|
|Command Mode||Primary Command Source Mode||P1-12||0||4=Fieldbus Control|
|Digital Inputs Function Select||Digital Inputs Function Select||P1-13||0||1|
|Extended Menu Access Code||Extended Menu Access Code||P1-14||0||201|
You may now sign in to the Polar Portal to monitor the device remotely, the button on the right will take you through a setup process.