Geoweigh BST106-M10 Weighing Controller
This guide will show you how to connect the Polar Monitoring Gateway to the Geoweigh BST106-M10 Weighing Controller. It will also take you through the setup and parameters required on the BST106-M10 to ensure communications to the Polar Gateway.
Steps to follow:
- Connect power to the Gateway.
- Connect RS-485.
- Final checks.
- Power on the system.
- Configure the BST106-M10 Serial Parameters
Geoweigh BST106-M10 Connection Setup
1. Connect power to the Gateway.
Wire the Polar Gateway to a 12-24 V DC power supply. Connect the positive wire to the positive terminal and the negative wire to the negative terminal.
2. Connect RS-485.
Wire the RS-485 cable to allow communication with the Polar Gateway. Connect A+ => A+ (12) and the B- => B- (11).
3. Final checks
- Make sure the wiring is secure – no short circuits.
- Check if the power cables are not loosely wired to the Gateway.
- Check if the power cables are not loosely wired to the device.
- Re-check the RS-485 twisted pair cable is correctly wired.
4. Power on the system
Now you are ready to go, you can now switch on the Polar Gateway and the Geoweigh.
5. Configure Geoweigh BST106-M10 Serial Parameters
Note: It is critical to change the default settings to reflect the table below.
Serial Communication Setup
|Device Address||Device ID/Unit ID||800||1||1|
|COM2 Baud Rate||Communication Speed||802||0=9600||0=9600|
|COM2 Parity||Error-checking process||804||0=None||0=None|
|COM2 Protocol||Communication protocol||806||0=Host-salve Modbus[ASCI]||1=Host-salve Modbus[RTU]|
You may now sign in to the Polar Portal to monitor the device remotely, the button on the right will take you through a setup process.