Fuel Level Probe Installation and Guide
Polar Monitoring Fuel Level Probe Installation Manual and Guide
The fuel monitoring system consist of 2 components.
- The Bluetooth to GSM gateway, this will be installed within the vehicle’s dashboard. Reason being as this device requires a power source for operations. The device is compact and is simple to install therefore it will be easy to hid and will not be within eye sight.
2.The Bluetooth fuel level prove, this device is installed within the fuel tank/bowser. The probe is battery powered and completed sealed, so there is no risk of sparks or ignition.
1. Installation process, step by step
- Open the vehicle/ truck dashboard to expose power cables. Here is where you will install the Gateway. Once this installed the remainder of the work will be done outside the vehicle.
- Find a point on the tank that is central and will not damage the existing fuel pipes. Once located mark the point and clean the area.
NB Before any drilling is done ensure the tank is empty!
- With a hole saw or step bit, cut a whole to allow the fuel probe to fully lower into the tank
- Measure the depth of the tank, this is the length in which the fuel level probe will be cut to.
With this length measured, mark this on the fuel probe and cut to the specific length.
- Once cut do a quick check to ensure the probe is the correct length. Now you will apply the seal and mount the probe to the tank.
- Now you will capture the details onto of the probe, serial number etc. Once done you can cover the probe with its cap.
1. Calibration, step by step
Now with the physical hardware installed you will need to calibrate the tank and fuel probe.
This is done once per type of tank and size. Meaning that if you use the same size tank for different jobs the calibration will be done once and those readings apply to all jobs going forward.
- First you will need to download and install the Escort Sensor Configurator app.
Once downloaded you will set the date, tank name and liters of fuel you will be putting in per calibration point.
We recommend filling the tank with 10L increments, it will take a little longer but as previously mentioned this will be the data that applies to all tanks of that size. So the more accurate here the better for all future tracking.
- With the app ready and details in, you will start filling the tank in even increments until tank if full. You will fill X amount of liters and then press set on the app to mark the point and this is done every time until full.
Example if your tank is 500L, we recommend filling it up with 10L per data point. Meaning you will have 50 data points.
- With this data file, it will be inputted into the Polar Monitoring Portal and here is where the readings will be calculated, monitored and stored.
4. Technical Specifications
Bluetooth LE (BLE)
Measuring Error, maximum
Range (at normal conditions in the absence of interference and obstacles when working with the base )
Up to 100m
Receiver sensitivity/ transmitter power
-90 db/ 0db
Ingress protection by Gost 14254
No more 80x80x(L+21)mm, wheel L – Length of tubes
Length of measuring tubes
From 1mm to 6m