Deep Sea Electronics DSE 7320 generator controller
This guide will show you how to connect the Polar Monitoring Gateway to the DSE 7320 generator controller. It will also take you through the setup and parameters required on the Deep Sea Electronics DSE 7320 to ensure communications to the Polar Gateway.
Steps to follow:
- Connect power to the Gateway.
- Connect RS-485.
- Final checks.
- Power on the system.
- Configure the DSE 7320 Serial Parameters
DSE 7320 Connection Setup
1. Connect power to the Gateway.
Connect the Polar Gateway to a 12-24 V DC power supply. Connect the positive wire to the positive terminal and the negative wire to the negative terminal.
2. Connect RS-485
Connect the Modbus cable to allow communication with the Polar Gateway. Connect A+ => A and B- => B.
3. Final checks
- Make sure the wiring is secure – no short circuits.
- Check if the power cables are not loosely wired to the Gateway.
- Check if the power cables are not loosely wired to the device.
- Re-check the RS-485 twisted pair cable is correctly wired.
4. Power on the system.
Now you are ready to go, you can switch on the power to make some configuration changes for your Polar Portal.