Deep Sea Electronics DSE 7320 generator controller
This guide will show you how to connect the Polar Monitoring Gateway to the DSE 7320 generator controller. It will also take you through the setup and parameters required on the Deep Sea Electronics DSE 7320 to ensure communications to the Polar Gateway.
Steps to follow:
- Connect power to the Gateway.
- Connect RS-485.
- Final checks.
- Power on the system.
- Configure the DSE 7320 Serial Parameters
DSE 7320 Connection Setup
1. Connect power to the Gateway.
Connect the gateway to a 12-24 V DC power supply. Connect the positive wire to the positive outlet and the negative wire to the negative outlet.
2. Connect RS-485
Connect the Modbus cable to allow communication with the polar gateway device. Connect A+ => 58 and B- => 57.
3. Final checks
- Make sure the power is OFF while doing the cable wiring.
- Re-check if there are no short circuits.
- Check if the power cables are not loosely wired to the Gateway.
- Check if the power cables are not loosely wired to the Generator Controller.
- Re-check the RS-485 twisted pair cables is correctly connected A+ => 58 and B- => 57.
4. Power on the system.
Now you are ready to go, you can now switch on the power to make some configuration changes for your Polar Portal.
5. Configure DSE 7320 Serial Parameters
Note: It is critical to change the default settings to reflect the table below.
Serial Communication Setup
RS-485 Slave ID