Delta DVP- ES2 Series PLC
This guide will show you how to connect the Polar Gateway to Lovato Delta DVP-ES2 PLC. It will also take you through how to set up the parameters required Delta DVP-ES2 series drives to ensure communications to the Gateway.
Steps to follow:
- Connect power to the Gateway.
- Connect RS-485.
- Final checks.
- Power on the system.
- Configure the Delta DVP-ES2 Serial Parameters
Delta DVP-ES2 Connection Setup
1. Connect power to the Gateway.
Wire the Polar Gateway to a 12-24 V DC power supply. Connect the positive wire to the positive terminal and the negative wire to the negative terminal.
2. Connect RS-485.
Wire the RS-485 cable to allow communication with the Polar Gateway device. Connect A+ => D+ and B => D-.
3. Final checks
- Make sure the power is OFF while doing the cable wiring.
- Re-check if there are no short circuits.
- Check if the power cables are not loosely wired to the Gateway.
- Check if the power cables are not loosely wired to the Programmable Logic Controller.
- Re-check the RS-485 twisted pair cables is correctly connected A+ => D+ and B- => D-.
4. Power on the system
Now you are ready to go, you can now switch on the Polar Gateway and the Delta DVP-ES2.
5. Configure Delta DVP-ES2 Serial Parameters
Note: It is critical to change the default settings to reflect the table below, these changes are made using a ISPSoft Software for PLC programming, you would need to understand PLC programming to do this or get a specialist to do that for you.
Serial Communication Setup
Edit the DFB_COM2_Protocol [DFB] function block parameters to match that of the table below.
|Station ID||Slave ID/Node ID||Stat_Add||1|
|Parity||Parity||Parity||1 = None|
|Stop bits||Stop bits||Stop_B||1|
|Baud Rate||Communication Speed||Baud_R||1 = 9600|
|Data length||Data length||Data_Len||2 = 8 bits|
|Protocol||Communication protocol||A_R||2 = Modbus RTU|
You may now sign in to the Polar Portal to monitor the device remotely, the button on the right will take you through a setup process.