Delta DT3 Series Temperature Controller
This guide will show you how to connect the Polar Monitoring Gateway to the Delta DT3 temperature meter. I will also take you through the setup and parameters required on the Delta DT3 to ensure communications to the Polar Gateway.
Steps to follow:
- Connect power to the Gateway.
- Connect RS-485.
- Final checks.
- Power on the system.
- Configure the DT3 Serial Parameters.
Delta DT3 Connection Setup
1. Connect power to the Gateway.
Wire the Polar Gateway to a 12-24 V DC power supply. Connect the positive wire to the positive terminal and the negative wire to the negative terminal.
2. Connect RS-485.
Wire the RS-485 cable to allow communication with the Polar Gateway. Connect A+ => 17 D+ and B- => 18 D-.
3. Final checks
- Make sure the wiring is secure – no short circuits.
- Check if the power cables are not loosely wired to the Gateway.
- Check if the power cables are not loosely wired to the device.
- Re-check the RS-485 twisted pair cable is correctly wired.
4. Power on the system.
Now you are ready to go, you can now switch on the Polar Gateway and the Delta DT3.
5. Configure DT3 Serial Parameters
Note: It is critical to change the default settings to reflect the table below.
Serial Communication Setup
|Communication Address||Serial node address/Unit ID||C-No||1||1|
|Serial speed||Baud rate||Bps||9600||9600|
|Stop bits||Communication stop bit||Stop||1||1|
|Data Length||Communication data bits||LEN||7||8|
|Modbus type||Communication protocol format||C-sl||ASCII||RTU|
You may now sign in to the Polar Portal to monitor the device remotely, the button on the right will take you through a setup process.