Delta DT3 Series Temperature Controller
This guide will show you how to connect the Polar Monitoring Gateway to the Delta DT3 temperature meter. I will also take you through the setup and parameters required on the Delta DT3 to ensure communications to the Polar Gateway.
Steps to follow:
- Connect power to the Gateway.
- Connect RS-485.
- Final checks.
- Power on the system.
- Configure the DT3 Serial Parameters.
Delta DT3 Connection Setup
1. Connect power to the Gateway.
Wire the Polar Gateway to a 12-24 V DC power supply. Connect the positive wire to the positive terminal and the negative wire to the negative terminal.
2. Connect RS-485.
Wire the RS-485 cable to allow communication with the Polar Gateway device. Connect A+ => 17 D+ and B- => 18 D-.
3. Final checks
- Make sure the power is OFF while doing the cable wiring.
- Re-check if there are no short circuits.
- Check if the power cables are not loosely wired to the Gateway.
- Check if the power cables are not loosely wired to the Temperature Meter.
- Re-check the RS-485 twisted pair cables is correctly connected A+ => 17 D+ and B- => 18 D-.
4. Power on the system.
Now you are ready to go, you can now switch on the Polar Gateway and the Delta DT3.
5. Configure DT3 Serial Parameters
Note: It is critical to change the default settings to reflect the table below.
Serial Communication Setup
|Communication Address||Serial node address/Unit ID||C-No||1||1|
|Serial speed||Baud rate||Bps||9600||9600|
|Stop bits||Communication stop bit||Stop||1||1|
|Modbus type||Communication protocol format||C-sl||ASCII||RTU|
You may now sign in to the Polar Portal to monitor the device remotely, the button on the right will take you through a setup process.